Do you know, your relationship with others – has a lot to do with the relationship you have with yourself?
If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love someone else. If you don’t respect yourself, You likely won’t make respectable choices and if you don’t attach value to your time, You won’t use your time valuably.
How you treat yourself dictates how you treat the world around you and we hope that these few pointers would help you treat yourself better so you can in fact treat others around you well and influence your would positively.
That said, here’s 10 awesome things you can do for yourself
10 Awesome Things You Can Do for You
1. Allow yourself to learn new things. This pushes you out of your comfort zone and helps you grow and contribute to the world.
2. Do good things for your body and mind. Exercising, eating healthy foods, meditation and journaling (even if not always) are helpful exercises that help you grow.
3. Learn to honor your creator by making your healthcare a priority. (this is so important we repeated it)
4. Take time away from work to simply be present. This allows you to feel balanced and avoid burnout.
5. Learn to bounce back from bad days and disappointments.( I could write a whole new blog post on the importance of this – maybe next time)
6. Always do what’s right for you – This might involve learning to say NO even if it’s not easy to say no to others (especially if you’re a people pleaser).
7. Consciously choose to be around people who make you feel good about yourself. ( Positive vibes only)
8. Learn to work towards goals that make you feel passionate, purposeful and energised.
9. Smile more, it benefits you and the people around you.
10. Give yourself an adequate amount of sleep you need to feel energized and balanced each day
Now that you have pointers for you, here’s 10 more awesome things you can do for others
1. Always have good intentions for other people.
2. Accept people for who they are, keep an open mind and be less judgemental (this applies to judging yourself too).
3. Make people laugh. You don’t have to be basketmouth or Mr macaroni to achieve this. whether you have a dry sense of humor, or a caricature-like personality. We all have good jokes in us. Find the child in you and share it. Don’t take life too seriously – no one gets out alive
4. Pay attention to people when they want to talk to you.
5. Be compassionate towards other people – everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
6. Make selfless decisions to look out for the people you love, and people you come across daily.
7. Forgive people when they make mistakes – No one’s perfect, not even you.
8 Say it when you notice something you value, admire, or appreciate in someone else.
9. Help other people reach their potential.
10. Be honest with people, even if sometimes vulnerability feels scary.
How about your world? You’re not just here to come and go… We want you to live an impact on the world around you and as such, Here’s 10 aweosme things you can do for the world.
1. Care about your work, or something you do outside it, and you do it passionately.
2. Be charitable – We’ve shown you how to go about this yes or yes.
3. If you are parent, you’re shaping the next generation – take that Job seriously.
4. Give back to society. whether that means volunteering, donating, or simply helping a stranger in need.
5. See something, Say Something – When you see something dangerous – Speak up.
6. Teach something valuable to someone everyday, online or in person. Be a contributor and not just a consumer. There’s always someone who don’t know what you know
7. Make positive changes in yourself—and being the change you want to see is the best way to change the world.
One final request:
We know there are people reading our blog posts, and yet we see very few comments
We would like to connect with you here and on any of our social media channels. Knowing you makes it all worthwhile.
Say hi in the comments, Follow us on Instagram here and sign up to our newsletters. You don’t want to miss what’s coming for SIRF
PS: We’re prepping for something outrageous this December and we would need your help to put smiles on a lot more faces. Hit this link and hep us contribute
Don’t know what we’re about – read this