A man’s gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men.
– Proverbs 18:16
From the Bill gates, To the Cristianos, The best amongs us have always been born with gifts that they get exceptionally good at. You are good at something are you not?
When it comes to wealth, you can agree that it all comes down building your mastering your gifts through daily habits.
Things you do daily – you get good at, and when you are good at something, you can get paid to do it. Think of every rich and widely successful person you know. It is all from the same blueprint (Mastery)
Getting good at a skill of high value or that is in demand immediately sets you apart as an “Expert” – this is what you trade for money.
It doesn’t matter the profession or skill you want to master, once you gain mastery of your skills and expertise, even kings and queens would come before you. ( Proverbs 18:16)
Before you let the words “Expert” or “Mastery” Scare you, here’s a definition of what is means to be an “Expert.” – Someone who knows something you don’t ( to what level is not necessary).
While “Mastery” is how good you get.
Every man has a unique gift that has been placed in them. You might have one or a multitude…What happens is that very few people ever find out what they are good at and even less go the extra mile of getting really good at using their gifts or gaining mastery of their gift.
Because it takes “habit” and “habit” is borne out of the intentional repetition of a routine that leads to it.
Good or bad habits are formed this way – What you do repeatedly.
So now that you have been convinced of the importance of habit, let’s look at the FOUR foundational habits that would help you gain Mastery of your Gift and help you build wealth or riches
Most people already know what they are good at, However, very few have mastered themselves to gain Mastery because of bad habits
4 Habits that would help you master your talents(Gift)
1. Physically healthy: God in his infinite wisdom has given us everything we need to survive. Everything you need to build is within you, you just have to use it properly to get the best out of it.
When it comes to your physical health, you should pay attention to these areas in your life:
– Good Food – Take less sugar and carbonated drinks, more fruits ,
– Good sleep – You should be looking at 7-8 hours a day(or what amount of sleep helps you feel rested)
– Exercise: it takes a strong mind to work on your body and the gift of a body that has been worked on is a mind instilled with discipline
Pair this with steps to get there, how you would use your time(which is limited) daily to get at least 1% better every day. Over time you are guaranteed to see progress if you stay consistent
We always want to be entertained, our brains crave the dopamine rush that comes from doing something we enjoy that require less work – i.e something comfortable.
When it comes to learning something new – it is usually uncomfortable and easy to get bored, you need to learn and use boredom to master focusing on one thing and not being distracted from the work you have set out to do. Exercise also helps you achieve this
2. Mentally and Emotionally healthy: When it comes to your mental health – the key is “Watch what you see and what you hear”. This is a no-brainer but it is hard for most people to accomplish(but you are not most people – You my friend are special).
Don’t listen to too much news, avoid gossip and small talks as much as possible, avoid negative minded and small-minded individuals who want to see you as miserable as they are.
What gets into your MIND? Remember the definition of a PC back in the day? “Garbage in, garbage Out” – This works for your mind too. Think to yourself – when last did you get results in your life by getting worked up over the news? (which is always negative by the way)…
Never? That’s right. Never. If you cannot do without the news and want to “keep up” for whatever reasons watch what times you listen to the news. Avoid news in the morning and also late at night before you sleep.
On emotional health, This is where emotional intelligence comes up. You have to build on your emotional intelligence and one way to do this is to be direct and not avoid difficult conversations in your life. Have something that needs to be said, say it in the best way possible. Not everyone would like you for it, but you grow as you learn to better express yourself and share your ideas
3. Stay spiritually grounded and Humble: We all come from a source, A higher power, and as such, it is good to stay spiritually grounded in whatever you believe in. You also want to be a student and keep learning till the day you take your last breath. Think of the Universe and what little part of it you’d get to experience in your lifetime. If that does not fill you with wonder, I wonder what will( i saw that too). Stay a student while appreciating every aspect of your journey. This is how you gain mastery
4. Work ethics: None of these would mean jack if you are not willing to put in the work. Let me share a story with you. Kevin Hart, The comedian, and actor, producer – in his audiobook shared this. He says, he has about 25 people who work for him (he is the brand) but nothing they do is going to mean anything if he doesn’t show up and put in the work. You can hire a personal trainer to ( Anthony Joshua’s ) but if you are not going to train yourself, he cannot help you. He can show you how to throw a punch but you HAVE TO throw the punches yourself.
Your work ethics should define you. Be the first one in and the last one out – go over and beyond your best. Remember, you want to be a master of your skill and this skill would bring your great wealth in the long run. Ignore the little pleasures of today for the greater pleasure of tomorrow. Funny how we do this to make heaven but very few of us are willing to do this to make heaven on earth.