“ Tough times never last but tough people do ” – Robert H. Schuller
Let’s face it, it’s been a tough year. From the pandemic, the economic situations to Police brutality and the dramas that have happened in between.
If this year was made into a movie (and it will). It would make for very interesting viewing.
The year is not over, we have 2 months and some days before we draw the curtain on this year. As the year counts done.. What challenges have you faced and overcome? If you are reading this, it means you are alive and somehow you’ve survived till this very minute.
Maybe you’re feeling nostalgic, lost and thinking about everything that didn’t work out, it happens to the best of us. We have sad days, days we do not feel like leaving the comforts of our beds, days where you just want to lock yourself indoors, relass and be taken kairoff
Who can blame you.. Like I said, it happens to the best of us. But in this journey called life, the only time it ends is when it ends, when you are called to glory.
Challenges are a part and parcel of life, it is what builds us into the best versions of ourselves
But on those sad days, when the challenges and tough times look like it is drowning you, it is good to fall back and get some much needed inspiration… granted some “people’ have bastardized the value of inspiration – either by monetizing it or worse.. Trivialising is important.
I’m talking about “inspire to aspire to acquire” bandwagon that expects blessings to fall into their lives without work.
You are not that type of person. You are smart and it is my deep seated belief that you know that inspiration when you are feeling lost is necessary.
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. – Ecclesiastes 1:9
Whatever situation you find yourself, there are people who have survived something similar or worse and achieved their dreams. And for every cliche that has been dropped by the greatest men and women that have walked this earth before you. This is a gem of wisdom that you use in your daily life
So we are sharing with you, 10 inspirational quotes and a little footnote so that tough times would never defeat the tough person that you would become.
Let’s dive in
10 inspirational quotes to get you through tough times
Persistence and determination are the most important habits you can learn. Don’t let your educational qualifications, talents or genius encourage you to be lazy or discourage you from your goals. If you persist long enough and are determined to hit a certain goal, you’d get there. Consistency and Grit are your attributes
2. “A one-talented man who decides upon a definite object accomplishes more than a ten-talented man who scatters his energies and never knows exactly what he will do.” —Orison Swett Marden
Don’t spread yourself too thin, trying to do so many things or get good at so many endeavours at once. Focus on one area you want to get good at and have one thing you want to achieve – this is how you can build
3. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” —Barack Obama
This is also on persistence… the time spent on complaining or wishing things were different than they are now.. Is time wasted.
4. “Take one step in the direction of your dreams and watch the Universe perform miracles to help you.” —Alexandra Domelle
The more persistent you are and determined to start working towards a goal, the universe would start sending you help in miraculous ways.. Maybe it’s a new opportunity, a mentor, a new person who would come into your life to help you reach your goals. You take the first step without seeing the whole staircase and events would happen along your journey
5. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
The best things in life have been placed on the other side of fear.
6. “Don’t just visualize success at the end. Visualize the process. Don’t just picture yourself winning. Picture the steps it takes to get there.” —Dean Bokhari
When it comes to doing something worth it, don’t just visualise the success – You want to lose 10pounds in 2 weeks, rather think of the steps that would make you lose 10 pounds – visualise the daily things you’d do to lose the extra plan. This is a better way to get what you want. It is all in the process
7. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Pablo Picasso
Quick riddle – 3 frogs are on a log of wood and one decides to jump.
How many frogs are left on the log of wood?
Keep your answer in mind.. You’d get the correct answer when you get to the end of the post
8. “Haters are like crickets. You can hear all the noise they make, but you can’t see them…Then, right when you walk by them, they’re quiet.” —Dean Bokhari
When you are doing something new and different to better yourself, you are bound to have haters. Here is a quote that you should think on that explains this quote(okay now I am overdoing it) “ A man without enemies is a man without qualities – think.. Even Jesus had enemies” – V ( the mafia manager)
9. “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” —Theodore Roosevelt
People would criticize you and maybe you are just sick of it. Understand the difference between honest feedback meant to build you up and criticism. The only people who would criticise you are those doing less than you are.
10. “Accept the presence of thorns, but let the rose inspire you.” —Steve Pavlina
Life is always going to throw you some challenges.. 2019,2020,2021.. It is a part and parcel of life but along comes the blessings and while you should accept the challenges in life, never miss an opportunity to be grateful about the blessings you enjoy
On the riddle… 3 frogs are on a log of wood and one decides to jump.
How many frogs are left on the log of wood?
The right answer is 3… one “DECIDED”… key word. It did not jump. Moral of the lesson… “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Pablo Picasso