1. He was born and raised in Anderson, South Carolina.
2. Boseman traces his ancestors to Sierra Leone in West Africa.
3. His DNA indicated that his ancestors were Krio people from Sierra Leone and a mix of Nigeria.
4. His mother was a nurse and his father worked at a textile factory.
5. Taking a class taught by Phylicia Rashad at Howard University made him consider an acting career.
6. He wrote his first play titled CROSSROAD.
7. His first television role was on an episode of Third Watch in 2003.
8. With only Little League experience playing baseball, he spent five months training for the movie 42.
9. Boseman says playing James Brown takes more energy than playing the Black Panther: “You can be tired in the suit, but not singing a song.”
10. He died at his home with his wife and family by his side.
May His Gentle Soul Rest In Peace.